Upgrading from 2.x to 3.0
This document details the changes made between 2.x and 3.0 that may affect upgrades. It's not a full list of all changes (see the changelog for that), but rather a reference of (breaking) changes that may affect extras and sites.
In general, you can follow the standard upgrading process when upgrading to 3.0. It's recommended to first upgrade to the latest 2.7 release, which will log deprecated functionality your site depends on to the MODX log.
- PHP requirement increased from PHP 5.3.3 to PHP 7.0 #14488
modResource->contentTypefield has been removed; that was replaced in Revolution 2.0 with a
content_typefield that maps to a
modTranslatorhave been removed. Those were utilities for migrating templates from Evolution syntax. 14133
/manager/min/directory has been removed; was unused since 2.5. #12778, #13194, #14416
@EVALbinding has been removed from TVs #13865
Notable changes and improvements
- Manager has been redesigned.
- Language can now be switched on the fly #14046
- All manager permissions are automatically made available in
- Google translations are now disabled in the manager #14414
- More consistent resource/element duplication #14411
- Markdown is now parsed in package attributes (changelog/readme/license) #13853
Files & Media
- Media sources now use Flysystem #13709
- Core directories are now protected from being renamed/removed from the manager #14374
Resources & Templates
- Resources can now get an icon based on their content type #14383
- New output modifiers related to files:
The default value for a number of settings have changed. These only apply to new installations, but may expose different behaviour by default on new installations of 3.0.
enable_gravataris disabled on new installations #14215
manager_favicon_urldefaults to a new favicon, included in the MODX download, with the MODX logo. #14324
manager_time_formatuses 24hr format (
H:i) instead of am/pm (
g:i a) by default #14325