As a major release, MODX 3.0 comes with a number of breaking changes. There is always a balance to be kept between breaking changes that cleanup technical debt, and not breaking things unnecessarily.
Most important breaking changes¶
The biggest breaking changes can be summarised as follows:
- Minimum supported PHP version has been increased to 7.1
- A large number of (previously unnamespaced) classes have been renamed and moved, including processors and model classes.
- All processors have been renamed, including base processors
- modAction and related functionality has been removed
Legacy functionality cleanup¶
modResource->contentTypefield has been removed; that was replaced in Revolution 2.0 with a
content_typefield that maps to a
modTranslatorhave been removed. Those were utilities for migrating templates from Evolution syntax. #14133
/manager/min/directory has been removed; was unused since 2.5. #12778, #13194, #14416
- Unused ExtJS grids have been removed: assets/modext/widgets/resource/modx.grid.resource.security.js, assets/modext/widgets/security/modx.grid.role.user.js, assets/modext/workspace/lexicon/language.grid.js, assets/modext/workspace/lexicon/lexicon.topic.grid.js #14895
@EVALbinding has been removed from TVs #13865