Support the team building MODX with a monthly donation.
The budget raised through OpenCollective is transparent, including payouts, and any contributor can apply to be paid for their work on MODX.
$305 per month—let's make that $500!Learn more
|rssTpl||Event RSS Item|
|rssItemTpl||The RSS template|
|prominent||List prominent events, if set can be Yes/No||NULL|
|calendarID||Show one calendar, default shows all|
|categoryID||Show one category, default shows all|
|year||Choose a year to start from, default is current year(YYYY)|
|month||Choose a month to start from, default is current month(MM)|
|day||Choose a day to start from, default is current day (DD)|
Creating a RSS Resource¶
In your MODX Manager you will need to create a new resource.
- First, give it a title (for example: "Calendar Feeds") and an alias (for example: feed).
- Next, change the template to use "(empty)", or in other words no template at all. You will get a popup asking if you are sure you want to change the template, click yes.
- Move into the Page Settings tab and find the "Content Type". Open it, and set it to RSS.
- Now you are ready to include the Snippet in the page content. If you are using TinyMCE or a similar rich text editor, disable it on the Page Settings tab to prevent odd things happening to the code.
- Just paste in the code:
- Now save the resource
- Copy the newly created page ID
- Now go to System Settings (under System)
- Sort the settings by clicking on the drop down and selecting churchevents.
- Now find the RSS Page ID and double click on the value and paste in the page ID.
Just put this code in the page content area: