Support the team building MODX with a monthly donation.
The budget raised through OpenCollective is transparent, including payouts, and any contributor can apply to be paid for their work on MODX.
$407 per month—let's make that $500!Learn more
Generic List of Upcoming Events¶
Display a generic list of events from all calendars and all categories with clickable modal window view.
- Resource ID 49 used for example only (replace with your ajaxResource's ID).
- Omit "&modalView and &ajaxResourceId" parameters for a standard detail view.
- Add duplicated chunks and additional parameters for customized output (more variations and examples coming soon).
[[!mxcalendar? &eventListlimit=`8` &displayType=`list` &ajaxResourceId=`49` &modalView=`1` &dir=`ASC` ]]
- Add parameters to display further ahead (default is +4 weeks)
- Omit or alter "&eventListLimit" for more list items (default is 5 list items)
&elStartDate=`now` &elEndDate=`+16 weeks`
Generic List of Past Events¶
mxCalendar can also display past events. The three parameters you want to look at are:
past - This tells mxCalendar to pull back all calendar events that happened in past thus less than the date supplied in the elStartDate field
now - Same as with regular events sets a starting point to filter date range for results
DESC - Returns events in the order from most recent to oldest
(duplicate the tplListItem and tplListWrap chunks, rename, save, and insert into the mxCalendar snippet call as shown below)
[[!mxcalendar? &displayType=`list` &elDirectional=`past` &isLocked=`1` &resourceId=`71` &tplListHeading=`` &tplListItem=`tplListItemNewChunk` &calendarFilter=`2` &elStartDate=`now` &tplListWrap=`tplListWrapNewChunk` &dir=`DESC` ]]