Support the team building MODX with a monthly donation.
The budget raised through OpenCollective is transparent, including payouts, and any contributor can apply to be paid for their work on MODX.
$212 per month—let's make that $500!Learn more
What is Subscribe?¶
Subscribe allows users to register as members on your site. It wraps the register snippet with a more extensive form that lets users unsubscribe, or (optionally) manage their preferences and group membership.
- Built-in registration form
- Can be used with Notify and EmailResource to send emails to selected groups of users
- Users to email can be selected by both user groups and user preference/tags
- Double-opt-in registration with automatic confirm-register email to user
- Detailed tutorial
- User preferences/tags can be stored in the User Profile 'comment' field or in an extended Profile field
- Request-to-subscribe link to put in your template
Note: Unlike Mark Hamstra's SubscribeMe extra, Subscribe has no PayPal function.
- Downloads: 3,116
- License: GPLv2
- Requires: Revolution 2.0.x or greater
- Supports: mysql,sqlsrv
- Author: Bob Ray Bob's Guides
This version of the Subscribe extra was developed by Bob Ray. It was first posted to GitHub on Mar 11, 2012. As of Jun 22, 2017 it had been last updated on Jun 22, 2017, had 159 commits, and had been downloaded 3,116 times. The Subscribe package consists of 1,757 separate files, containing 15,502 lines of code.
It is currently maintained by Bob Ray.
Development and Bug Reporting¶
Subscribe is stored and developed using GitHub, and can be found here: Subscribe GitHub main page.
Bugs and feature requests can be filed here: Subscribe issues page..
Questions about how to use Subscribe should be posted on the MODX Forums.
The full documentation for Subscribe can be found at the author's web site (Bob's Guides): Subscribe Documentation.